Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Freeda needs a diet!

I haven't forgotten about Part 2 of the peplum tops. That will be coming soon. I just had good news to post and it couldn't wait. Freeda (my dressform) needs a diet... well, I need to remove some of her padding. I noticed this today when I tried on my muslin of Style Arc's "Creative Cate" and then tried it on Freeda. It was somewhat snug on her. I knew I had lost some weight but it's great to see it has actually translated to the way my clothing fits me! I only re-padded Freeda a few weeks ago. Time to remove some of it now!!!

Here's the "muslin" ($1.99 FabricMart ITY) on Freeda:

And now on me (sorry about the awful mirror selfie, I need to figure out something to prop my camera on so I can get some better pictures of myself)


Oh and the "Creative Cate", it's a great pattern! It's my first from Style Arc and now I understand what all the fuss is about. It's beautifully drafted and what's better it fits me really nicely with minimal alterations to the pattern. I have one more change I want to try and then I should be able to sew this one up. There will definitely be more about it coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment